- 1.5 cups Basmati rice
- 2.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups Welga’s Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste / mince
- 1-2 green chillies
- ¼ cup mint / coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced or chopped onion
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- Cashews to taste
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 green cardamom
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 inch cinnamon piece
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1-2 strands mace (optional)
How to make :
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins (or in hot water for 15 mins). Discard the water and drain into a colander.
- Heat ghee / oil in a pot or cooker
- Sauté cashews if using. Transfer to a bowl once they turn golden and set aside for later to garnish.
- Add cumin, cardamom mace, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, star anise and sauté for a minute.
- Add onions and fry until golden. Keep stirring while frying. (Optional)
- Add ginger garlic paste / mince till the raw smell goes away. Sauté mint leaves for 2 mins.
- Add Welga’s Frozen Peas and rice. Sauté for 3-4 mins.
- Pour water and add salt to taste.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and serve hot with raita or gravy of your choice.
For pressure cooker
- Cook for 1 whistle on medium high flame. Turn off and remove from the stove immediately.
For cooking in a Pot
- Cook covered on a low heat until water is absorbed.